If you thinking of starting a blog, these blogging tips and ideas will help you get started in the right direction.
Blogging and Social Media go very well together. Blogging has been around a long time and there are many reasons you should add this to of your social media marketing strategy. Here are a few of them:
1. It will increase search engine traffic to your website.
3. It is a source of content for your social media marketing
4. Helps you be seen as a leader in your industry
If you have a website already it is best to add your blog there. If you do not, then you will need to use one of the free blogging sites such as Blogger or WordPress. However, before you do any of that you will need to decide what your blog is going to be about. What topic, niche is your blog going to focus on.
If you are branding your business, then your blog should relate to the industry you are in. If you are branding yourself then you will need to decide what the focus of your blog is going to be. It should relate to what you want to be known for, closely relate to your field of expertise and be something you are passionate about.
There are some things to consider when choosing a blog platform other than on your own website. The 2 most popular options are Blogger and WordPress. Both have a free hosting option or you can purchase your own domain name and host your blog through a hosting company. This could cost anywhere from $50 to $150 a year. You would want your own unique domain name for SEO reason as well as branding. It is also more professional. However if you just getting started and funds are an issue then you might want to consider the free hosting versions of both those blog options. It is more limiting as to what you can do with them and you really do not own your blog.
Content, when it comes to your blog is very important. Here are some blogging tips when it comes to your content.
1. Length – You post should be at least 300 words and no more than 600. I have seen some say 1000 words but this will depend on your topic, your industry etc.
2. Pictures – you do want to be sure that you have at least one picture. Depending on the length of your post you may want to add more. Make sure the picture(s) relate to the topic of your post. Do not use google to find your pictures, use a royalty free site.
3. Title – this is important as you want it to catch the reader’s attention as well as be SEO friendly.
4. Finding your voice – every writer has their own voice, their own style. You might want to try writing a few posts before you get started so you can find your voice.
5. Be consistent – stick with your niche. If you are a life coach, you do not want to blog about where you had dinner last night.
6. Content ideas – depending on your niche some of these ideas may work well for you:
a. FAQ – think of questions you are asked frequently
b. Interview somebody in an industry closely related to yours
c. Review a product in your industry –a new product trending in your industry
d. True life experiences
e. Fun Facts about your industry
7. Call to action – always include one at the end of your post. Ask them to subscribe, sign up for emails or ask a question so that they will leave a comment.
Above all remember to be authentic. People will follow your blog if they find it informative as well as interesting and entertaining. Happy Blogging!!!!!
If you want more social media tips sign up for our email by texting WHATSUPSWFL to 22828 and enter your email address when prompted. It is just that easy
Join our Facebook Group Social Media Bootcamp
Visited 2616 times, 1 Visit today